By Lixiong Shao, Jianmei Lu, Min Shi
Modern natural synthesis has paid a lot cognizance to the chemistry of small carbocycles. Vinylidenecyclopropanes (VDCPs), that have strained cyclopropyl team hooked up with an allene moiety and but are thermally strong and reactive components in natural chemistry, are flexible intermediates in natural synthesis. during this quantity, Dr. Lixiong Shao, Dr. Jianmei Lu and Prof. Dr. Min Shi assessment their investigations at the chemistry of VDCPs, ordinarily together with the education, the reactivities upon remedy with Lewis or Brønsted acid, in addition to transition steel catalysts and a few different miscellaneous analogues. The contributions aroused a renaissance of cationic intermediates within the chemistry of VDCPs.
Read or Download Chemical Transformations of Vinylidenecyclopropanes PDF
Best chemical books
''This e-book presents in-depth, entire entry to an unlimited physique of literature on artificial reactions concerning carbohydrates. the amount is a mine of knowledge both worthy for looking a realistic procedure for creating a sugar-based beginning fabric and for comprehending the impact of a managed chiral setting at the consequence of an artificial transformation.
The current quantity keeps the outline of the chemical reactions of eiemental tungsten all started with "Tungsten" Suppl. Vol. A 7. It covers the reactions with the steel components from zinc to actinoids. The therapy comprises section diagrams, bulk reactions, and floor tactics which back are of exceptional value in such a lot platforms.
Modeling of Chemical put on is a one-stop source for college students, researchers and execs looking quickly and powerful tribological reviews of environmentally pleasant and effort effective items. This ebook considers optimizing additive combos by way of right method, bridging the space among idea and perform.
- Principles of Ion Exchange Technology
- Membrane Technology: in the Chemical Industry
- Chemical Reactor Design, Optimization, and Scaleup, Second Edition
- Chemical and Biological Aspects of Pyridoxal Catalysis. Proceedings of a Symposium of the International Union of Biochemistry, Rome, October 1962
Additional resources for Chemical Transformations of Vinylidenecyclopropanes
8 Lewis Acid-Mediated Reactions of VDCPs with Alcohols or Ethers Ph OH Nd(OTf) Ph Ph 3 n+ Ph -OH Ph Ph 136 132a (n = 1) 133a (n = 2) Ph Ph + Ph . 38 Plausible mechanism for the Nb(OTf)3-catalyzed reactions of VDCP 1b with enol 132a and dienol 133a intermediate 148, which affords intermediate 149 via the intramolecular Friedel– Crafts reaction with the adjacent aromatic R3 group. 40). 41. Similarly, intermediates 146a, 150 and 151 will be formed in the Lewis acid-catalyzed reactions of 141a with VDCPs 1.
Angew Chem Int Ed 45:3314–3317 Chapter 3 Transition Metal-Catalyzed Transformations of VDCPs Abstract Transition metals such as palladium and rhodium-catalyzed transformations of vinylidenecyclopropanes are introduced in this chapter. Á Á Á Keywords Vinylidenecyclopropanes Transition metal Palladium Rhodium Coupling reaction Á In 2006, Shi et al. 1) [1–4]. In 2009, Shi and co-workers reported the palladium-catalyzed coupling reactions of VDCPs 1 with 2-iodophenols 168 and N-(2-iodophenyl)-4-methylbenzenesulfonamide 170.
2) . 3. Initially, the fluoric cation F+ and the anionic intermediate (PhSO2)2N- are generated from NFSI under the stardard reaction conditions [4–6]. Then the fluoric cation F+ adds to the C10 position of VDCPs 1 to give cationic intermediate 186. Intermediate 186 can give the cyclopropyl ring-opened cationic intermediate 187, which can be transformed to the final products 185 via deprotonation. 4) [1, 7]. In the following research, it was observed that the reactions of VDCPs 1 with equimolar amount of bromine or iodine at low temperature can produce the corresponding addition products 190–192, depending on the nature of VDCPs, in moderate to good yields at -40 and -100 °C, respectively.